May 6th, 2017 Chapter Meeting Highlights
Written by Barb Wiemann, Secretary
- 18 AORN of Twin Cities nurses attended AORN Congress/Expo in Boston. It was a successful event; several first timers came home exhausted but had a very positive experience.
- The Chapter received our chapter membership number (275) which will be the starting point for the chapter’s accountability scoring time frame. Our 2016 CAS was submitted in January 2017.
- Deb Warren’s last day with National in the Membership Services was May 5th. She had been very helpful to our chapter on several occasions. The new contact will be Andy Mickelson.
- The National 2017 Incentive Plans were described to the membership. The plan is to help chapters retain, recruit, and engage members in chapter activities. Details of the definitions are listed below:
- Retain: If 82.5% current members renew their membership, the chapter will be compensated two Congress/Expo registrations in 2018.
- Recruit: Our chapter is listed as an intermediate chapter. We need to recruit 30 new members for a $375 direct deposit to our checking account from National. (Different chapter sizes vary with number of recruits they need to get deposit).
- Engage: Create a fun experience (new community or social event or a happy hour). We can receive $125 per event (2 in one year) from National. We need to document event with pictures and a sign in sheet as proof. Ideas for our chapter are our celebration of our chapter’s 50th anniversary in December or a graduation party for the Periop 101 students.
- Chapter Foundation grants are available to help chapters with member growth, speakers, travel and/or mentoring other chapters, $500-$1000. There is application to apply with purpose and need, and different size chapters have different criteria.*
* Name changed for the national Nominating Leadership and Development Committee (NLDC) now be the Nominating Committee. National changed the name at Congress and we will echo that
change in our Bylaws.
Comments are closed